Friday 12 December 2008

....maybe I should explain

I thought it probably worthwhile to explain a little about us. I started riding at a young age, my mother curses the day she was idiotic enough to introduce me to an aged, eternally patient riding school equine as it has been love ever since. Not for me the 'horses come between toys and boys' motto. Toys were never interactive enough and then boys were far too uncompromising about muddy wellies, pony nuts imbibed by the washing machine (an innocent mistake) and the smell of manure which lingers constantly around me like some kind of ethereal aura no matter how many baths I have.
Blue entered my life while I was 'on a break' from horses, my unsuspecting partner of the time had almost begun to take for granted my shiny hair, and abundance of fingernails, when a friend mentioned a horse I might like to look at. Well it would have been rude not to! So off I went just out of casual interest to look at Blue. Rhapsody in Blue to give him his full title, which he quite often insists upon. The story of his past according to the seller goes as follows:
He's a lovely boy, I bought him off a friend of mine to help her out of a situation. Sadly I just cant afford to keep him, trust me if there was any other way I wouldn't be selling him (they all say that don't they, its a stock eBay response I have since noticed).
Ridden? oh..erm... well he hasn't been ridden in a while, to be honest I haven't had the time. He's a lovely boy though. (At this point Blue is looking at me disdainfully as if I have produced a noxious gas of some form) He's been lunged and sat on by a local girl but she doesnt have the time either. No one had the time it appears. He is perfect in every other way though! Does he load in a horsebox? oh no, he doesnt load. Is he good to handle? He can be a bit rude and aggressive, but he's a lovely boy really. Is he good out on the road? Well we led him to his current location (because he wouldnt load) and he only reared a couple of times, but that was probably the leaders fault. Her final little teaser was a gem. You see if I had the time/space/money/experience ( I forget which she actually used, but you get my drift) I would keep him a few months and sell him for 3 times as much!! Wow, I must snap him up instantly!

Stupidly.......I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment